Q & A
When is the right time for new windows?
- When windows fog up between the panes of glass.
- You are tired of climbing a ladder to clean your windows on the outside, or more than likely, you are tired of constantly looking through dirty windows!
- Water is leaking in around the window, causing potential structural damage to your home.
- You would like to improve 'the look' of your home, inside and out.
- The draft coming through your window(s) is making your home uncomfortable.
- You say to yourself (in regard to your windows), "I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to paint these any more."
- Some combination of the above.
What else is important for me to consider?
- Quality of installation
- Desired aesthetic -- natural wood look? Unique colour? Grill patterns? Other?
- Ease of maintenance and cleaning, short and tong term.
- Performance in terms of air tightness, water tightness and overall efficiency.
- Warranty of the window and/or its components.
- Quality and price relationship -- overall value.
To whom should I entrust my window project?
This part may be the most crucial of all. You need to be informed about your options to make the best decision possible, and you need to feel comfortable that the company you deal with has your best interests in mind.
- Find a reputable company that you feel can provide both a quality window product and quality installation to ensure your long term comfort and satisfaction.
- Your window company should be willing to take the time to find out what is important to you (hopefully , you have thought about the checklist above!) and help you wade through the many options available to you:
- Window styles and aesthetic enhancements.
- Glass options -- Low Ecoating, Argon Gas-filled, warm edge spacer & other options
- Performance ratings -- energy ratings and other performance factors
- Custom Window prides itself on helping customers make an informed decision.
The fact is, you may not be able to completely eliminate uncertainty, confusion and frustration in the window buying process. It can be reduced significantly by considering the above points and talking to a qualified supplier, willing to take the time to provide the information you need to make the right window decision. This will lead to the most important element of all -- your satisfaction for many years to come!